Sugar Bowl Bakery is one of Northern California’s largest family-owned and operated retail/wholesale bakeries. With nearly 100,000 square feet of state-of-the art production facilities, we operate 7 days a week and service, national warehouse clubs, major supermarket chains, distributors and retailers. We are one of the Bay Area’s Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies as reported by the San Francisco Business Times and have been named Bakery of the Year numerous times. We have an immediate need for a motivated and dynamic individual to assume position of Safety Coordinator.
Plans, implements, coordinates and promotes safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions for Sugar Bowl Bakery plant locations in compliance with local, state and federal regulatory laws, as well as company rules and regulations. This is accomplished through program development and execution, management guidance and consultation, site audits, education and training of the workforce and management personnel. Will also serve as support to the Human Resources Department as needed.
- Develops and ensures compliance with appropriate mandated safety training for all levels of the organization.
- Maintains appropriate safety statistics, reports, records as required by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates, administers and ensures plant safety programs are in line with company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Conducts monthly safety audits, facility inspections, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure safety compliance.
- Investigates accidents and or injuries to determine root cause and determine preventive measures. Interviews management and employees to obtain information about accidents or injuries.
- Spearheads all safety related activities and also provide leadership, coaching, and formal or informal training of all personnel. Provides on-going training as necessary.
- Assists in developing and administering company safety programs and maintains accurate recordkeeping of safety compliance and employee training records.
- Assists in all Worker’s Compensation injuries or incidents, back to work programs and general liaison between Worker’s Compensation carrier and employees.
- Monitors and reviews performance and provides guidance to meet all set goals in injury and accident prevention (recordable and non-recordable)
- Assist in providing support to the Human Resources Department as needed.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to bachelor’s degree or 5 years or more experience related to the job.
- Requires knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations, safe work practices and accident prevention programs. Basic understanding of applicable state worker’s compensation guidelines.
- Familiarity with Labor Laws preferred.
- Must have Excellent Communication skills, read, write English proficiently. Additional language skills preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and training facilitation skills
- Must be able to carry 40 lbs pounds occasionally, and be able to perform a variety of physical activities such as lifting, carrying, climbing, crawling, grasping, pulling, pushing.
- Must be able to work long periods of time on feet as necessary
- Ability to work in extreme climates, hot/cold.
Please include cover letter, shift preference, resume and salary requirements when applying.
No recruitment agency calls or referrals will be accepted. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.