Sugar Bowl Bakery is one of Northern California’s largest family-owned and operated retail/wholesale bakeries. With nearly 100,000 square feet of state-of-the art production facilities, we operate 7 days a week and service, national warehouse clubs, major supermarket chains, distributors and retailers. We are one of the Bay Area’s Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies as reported by the San Francisco Business Times and have been named Bakery of the Year numerous times. We have an immediate need for a motivated and dynamic individual to assume position of Production Supervisor.
Production Supervisor (salaried) – MUST be flexible and able to work overtime, weekends and holidays. We currently have an opening on our graveyard shift.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of the production staff and assist with improving efficiency of the production floor.
- Plan and coordinate activities to meet production schedule and ensure products are in compliance with all applicable specifications.
- Maintain high productivity and cost effectiveness through proper scheduling of production, manpower, downtime for sanitation and maintenance.
- Responsible for control of budgeted areas such as overtime, waste of raw material and finished goods, yield, efficiency, expense, etc…
- Follow all HACCP program requirements to prevent system failures and ensure compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practices and customer requirements.
- Facilitate programs in training, safety, communications, and employee development.
- Conduct performance evaluations of subordinates.
- Resolve any employee issues and document disciplinary actions.
- Maintain accurate records (i.e. production reports, assigned documents required by AIB/NSF, training, safe and work instructions).
- Daily review and analysis of production data.
- Recommend solution and/or initiate actions to further increase efficiency, improve quality and reduce cost.
- Daily walk through of the facility and follow up with corrective actions of issues identified in the inspection.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to interface with management, employees and business partners in a competent, productive manner.
- Minimum 2-3 years Supervisory experience in a manufacturing/production environment required.
- High School Diploma or higher
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to work on feet or sit for long hours
Please include cover letter, shift preference, resume and salary requirements when applying.
No recruitment agency calls or referrals will be accepted. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer